Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Pablo Picasso
Be an artist for a night. No experience necessary.
Tonight, we’re not following directions or rules. We aren’t being judged as good or bad. We’re going to escape all of the rigid results-oriented tasks of our daily lives by making spontaneous, personal art!
- Contemporary Painting: This kind of painting isn’t about recreating what you see. It’s about painting what you feel! Working at your own easel, you can paint a portrait, a pet, a landscape, or anything else (just bring a photo). Or work on the floor — pouring, dribbling, scraping and stamping (you might even use a brush)! You don’t have to be an experienced artist. We can even project your image onto the canvas so you can get a sketch down. All you need is a spirit of adventure and a willingness to let yourself go.
- Figure Drawing: This ongoing workshop offers artists of all levels to practice drawing the human form with nude art models. Beginners are welcome. Issues of proportion, basic anatomy, portraiture and composition are covered. Each session involves short 1-minute gestural poses as well as longer 10 to 20 minute poses. Models are female unless otherwise noted.
Art After Dark is a truly unique and inspiring art studio experience perfect for a girls night out, birthday, bachelorette party, bridal shower, baby shower, date night, corporate team-building, or fundraiser. And everyone goes home with a personal work of art.
- Each session lasts 2 1/2 hours
- Includes instruction, paint, and a 30×22 canvas
- Bring your own food and refreshments
- $30 per person
Click on the calendar below to reserve your Art After Dark experience.